Welcome to my ePortfolio! This webpage is designed to outline my career and education accomplishments, provide my background and explore future goals.
I am from a suburb of Portland, Oregon and currently a senior attending Loyola University Chicago. My intended degree is a B.A. in International Studies with a minor in Asian Language & Literature (emphasis on Mandarin Chinese) and Business Administration. My anticipated graduation date is December 2015. Currently I am working for Pac/West Communications out of Wilsonville, OR as an Assistant Account Manager. During the fall of 2013, I studied abroad in Beijing, China at The Beijing Center for Chinese Studies.
Personal Mission Statement:
There is no such thing as an isolated decision. Every choice we make today determines the choices available for everyone tomorrow.
- Public relations - Experience in local to national government initiatives, environmental issues, healthcare and community grassroots campaigns.
- Media Tracking - Follow and track media stories across various outlets and compile reports for client or internal use.
- Research - Various topics from the energy industry to government initiatives.
- Mentoring - Assisting peers in finding employment, volunteer opportunities, explore study abroad options and various academic concerns.
- Recruiting - Bring in new members to programs, organizations or introduce to various products, specifically online tools.
- Event planning - Specifically planned fundraising events and global community programs to introduce people to varrying cultures and customs. Also, recruitment events.
- Marketing - Created first website and social media sites for organizations as well as maintained and improved already-established social media and webpages.
- Leadership - Obtained and held numerous leadership positions in education, work and community venues.
- Coaching and teaching young children - Cheerleading in particular but have experience teaching about environmental and nature-related topics, too.
- Public Speaking - Held numerous leaderhip positions that required public speaking.
- Basic office machenery and programs - Printers, phones, fax machines, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Mailchimp, NationBuilder, TimeSlips and BillQuick to list a few.
- National Society of Collegate Scholars (NSCS) - Member since March 2013
- Alpha Kappa Psi: Professional Business Fraternity (Gamma Iota Chapter) - Member since April 2013
- Secretary (E-Board) - Jan 2014-Apr 2014
- Chicago Center - Host student for international university students studying abroad in Chicago
- Women in Business - Member since September 2012, fundraising assistant 2012-2013
- Anything outdoors - Hiking, camping, paddle boarding, skiing
- Reading - Fiction, biographies, anything that takes me somewhere new
- Traveling - Going anywhere I have not gone before
- Dancing - Ballet and tap in particular