DIVISION OF EDUCATION CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS
1. A Certificate of Clearance verifies your professional and personal fitness to serve children in the public schools of California. Must be submitted prior to admission to the teacher credential program and student teaching. Valid for 5 years only and must remain valid throughout the program.
- Live scan services are available at the Imperial Valley Regional Occupational Program (IVROP) and the Imperial County Office of Education (ICOE)
- Imperial Valley Regional Occupational Program charges $75, which is payable in the form of a money order or cash.
- Walk-ins and appointments available. Call (760) 482-2600 for more information.
- For information regarding IVROP life scan services please follow this link, http://www.ivrop.org/live-scan-services/.
- Imperial County Office of Education charges $74.00 and can be paid by credit card ($2.50 fee), check, and money orders.
- For appointments please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information please contact Elvia Martinez at (760) 312-6523 or email@example.com
- Once you have completed the live scan process, you will need to apply for the Certificate of Clearance using the Web Application Process at the CTC website. (www.ctc.ca.gov)
- Please wait 72 hours after fingerprinting to proceed with online recommendation.
- Follow the instructions provided in the Web Application Process document. (Certificate of Clearance Web Application Process)
- (http://www.ctc.ca.gov/<wbr>credentials/submit-online.html) (Note: Applying for a Fingerprint Clearance Document Online Video)
2. Proof of Negative TB Test
- You may take the TB test at any doctor’s office or clinic. Current students at SDSU-IV may get a referal from Veronica Vadillo in the Administration Building.
- If you plan on visiting the Imperial County Public Health Department, you will need to present the SDSU TB Skin Test requirement form.
- Tests are valid for four years from date of test and must remain valid throughout the credential program.
- Please bring a copy, not the original, as you will need future copies for your class.
- Division of Education will not make copies of any submitted documentation.